TMU seeks students equipped with basic academic ability and the following qualities
- Intellectual curiosity
- Distinctive personality,originality and creativity
- Respect for personal relationships and the desire to contribute to society
- Ambition and a willingness to make an extra effort
Admission test for undergraduate students
Tokyo Metropolitan University has four faculties, three of which except for the Faculty of Health Sciences, require applicants to take the entrance examination. Students will earn bachelor’s degrees upon graduation once they complete the compulsory subjects and credits required by the schools, divisions, and programs.
The admissions test and classes are provided in Japanese. Proficiency in the Japanese competence is thus a critical prerequisite for enrollment.
（academic year 2018）
- Admission Office Entrance Examination (SAT/ACT Method and IB Method)
Department of Biological Sciences (English Curriculum) Faculty of Sciences (415KB)Adobe PDF
- Special Selection (Entrance Exams for International Students)
(Selection based on SAT/ACT)
Department of Biological Sciences (English Curriculum) Faculty of Sciences (361KB)Adobe PDF
- As for SAT/ACT score reports, submission of both the original and copy will also be accepted in the selections for the academic year of 2018. Please click here for details. (38.6KB)Adobe PDF
- Internet Application Guide(Japanese) (1.49MB)Adobe PDF
- Tuition and Fee
Admission test for graduate school students
Since each graduate school manages its own recruitment and screening, students wishing to enroll as graduate students are encouraged to visit the website of the school they are interested in for application guidelines.